LightsDecorations

A Holiday Solution That Will Work All Year

I found solar mini twinkle outdoor lights at my local Walgreen's. They are LEDs and didn't cost much. I bought clear so I can decorate for Christmas, and then use them in my garden or down my sidewalk all year, with no cost for electric or worrying about turning them on and off.

They are quite bright and stay lit for a long time. I hope they have some on sale after the holidays. They can also be set to flash on and off or stay on steadily.

By Carmen Dunning C. from Daytona Beach, FL

How long solar lights stay lit depends on how much sun they get during the day. When it is cloudy all day, mine only stay lit for about two hours. Being LED, the lights that are supposed to be white or clear, look more like a light blue. I'm not at all satisfied with mine.

We have actually taken the small white outdoor Christmas lights on camping trips and it's wonderful how much it lights up the campsite at night. You can either string them across the campsite or just plug them in and leave them there at the outlet.

The kids loved the magical effect it gave to the campsite. Of course, you have to be at a campsite with the electrical outlet. If you are tent camper, this would not be economical to have to pay for a campsite with electricity just to be able to do this.