Is My Dog a Chihuahua/Dachshund Mix?

Dogs that are a cross between a Chihuahua and Dachshund are commonly referred to as Chiweenies. They tend to have the long bodies of a Dachshund, but many other characteristics can vary between the two breeds. For Chiweenies, floppy Dachshund ears or smaller Chihuahua ears are both common.

Share Your Dog

If you have a dog that you think might be a Chiweenie, feel free to submit it here.

This page features photos from pet owners wondering if their dog is a Chiweenie.

21 Potential Chihuahua/Dachshund Photos

Ask a QuestionHere are the Potential Chihuahua/Dachshund Photos asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.

My girl, Cinnamon, is 8 years old and I've had her since she was 11 weeks. We knew she was a Chihuahua mix, but could never peg the exact mix. Do you think she's a Chiweenie? She has the coloring and body of a Dachshund, but the face of a Chihuahua.

Is My Dog a Chiweenie?

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

I was told my dog is a full blood Chihuahua, but he does have floppy ears. He just turned one year old. He's the best dog ever! He's full of energy and loves me unconditionally. Could he be a Chiwennie?

Is He a Chihuahua or a Chiweenie?

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I was told she is pure bred tea cup Chihuahua, but I think she's a Chiweenie.

Is My Dog a Chiweenie?

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is my foster dog. She's two pounds and clearly has some Chihuahua, but has floppy ears and her tail is a tad longer and is more straight. What do you think?

Is My Dog a Chiweenie?

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

My lil babe Luni (Lunar) is a year old and is full of energy and is a rambunctious cutie pie. I'm pretty sure she's a mix with a wiener dog. She's got all the characteristics of a wiener dog. What do you think?

Is My Dog a Chiwienie? - small brown dog perhaps a Dachshund mix

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Does my dog look like a Chiweenie? I was told she was a jackrat but when I went to get her shots, the vet told me she looked more like a chiweenie

A small brown dog.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I have recently adopted an adorable puppy, and I was wondering if he's a Chiweenie. The shelter only said he's a Chihuahua mix, but I see some Dachshund in him from his long body and face. His legs are not short, and his ears aren't floppy, so maybe closer to a Chihuahua. Any guess?

Is My Puppy a Chiweenie? - closeup

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

My brother told me my puppy looks like a Chiweenie and now I'm curious if he is.

Is My Dog a Chiweenie? - small brown dog with dark muzzle

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

My dog has the Chihuahua face, but the bulky big body. I have a feeling there's a sausage dog breed in him.

Is My Dog a Chiweenie? - brown and white chubby dog

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I'm 99.5% sure that my dog is a Chiweenie. The vet's office that we got her from didn't have much information, as her previous owners had dropped her off to be put down because she licked their new baby, or something like that.

Is My Dog a Chihuahua/Dachshund Mix? - small black dog with one ear sticking out to the side

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I was told my dog was a "Chiweenie" and a year old. What do you think?

A small dog on a tile floor.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Is my dog a Chiweenie? I was told she was a teacup Chihuahua, but that is not true. The vet said she weighs too much. She is 7 weeks old and is 2 pounds.

Is My Dog a Chiweenie? - cute little brown puppy

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I always assumed Astor was a Chi, but his floppy ears have me wondering if he's actually a Chiweenie. He's over 2 years old so if his ears were going to prick, they would have already.

Is My Dog a Chihuahua Dachshund Mix? - black and white dog

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I'm wondering if my dog is a Chiweenie? I was told he was a Pomeranian Chihuahua mix when I got him, but he is very long and has short legs like a Dachshund.

Is My Dog a Chiweenie? - light brown puppy

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Load More
Pets Dogs Dog BreedsAugust 18, 2017
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf14486078.tip.html