CharitiesChristmas

Charities Low on Donations This Year

I have heard that several charities that give out food and gifts to the needy are coming up short this year for Christmas possibly due to the fact that people have sent all they can already to the earthquake victims in Pakistan or to the Katrina victims right here in the U.S.

I would just like to encourage everyone to not forget the needy at this time of the year and if they cannot donate money, perhaps some food items could be donated to a local shelter. I know they would appreciate it so much! Thanks.

By Diane from Paradise PA

Editor's Note: Where we are the food banks and Toys for Tots say they are running low of the number of donations they need. Please be generous if you are able.

Katrina was NOT the ONLY hurricane that devasted many people. Rita seems to have been forgotten, but Rita did just as much damage and heartache as Katrina. When people talk about the hurricane damage they need to remember Rita as well as Katrina. Thanks for letting me vent.