FrugalGifts

Newspaper Bags as Gift Wrapping

Keep the plastic sleeves that protect your newspapers from inclement weather. They come in handy as upcycled gift bags for small items (e.g., jewelry, cookies, perfume, bath salts, etc.) Cut a bit of the open end off so the bag is not too long, slip in a layer of colorful tissue, and finish with a pretty bow. Voila! A simple and inexpensive solution.

By Tassie from Delirious, AL

You can also use the newspaper sleeves for: when you carry an umbrella, use the newspaper sleeve to put the umbrella in and eliminate water on the floor. Wal-mart used to give you plastic bags for this purpose. I usually carry one with me as I pick up an umbrella.

You know, my hubby used to deliver newspapers, so I know those plastic sleeves cost the carriers. The ones you don't "upcycle," why not return them to your paper carrier? They'll thank you for it!