Baby Food Jar Christmas Tree

Here's a picture of the baby food jar "Christmas tree" my daughter made for my friend's 80th birthday.

Materials:

• 17 baby food jars
  • 1 35 light string of small lights
  • car mirror glue
  • glitter garland

Instructions:

1. Drill a hole in the tops of the lids.
  2. Paint them black & let dry.
  3. Ad

4. Glue the jars together in a tree form. (17 jars) (She first used hot glue, didn't work well. We also tried super glue, that was a disaster.) Use car mirror glue.
  5. Cut 2-3 inches of glitter garland for each jar and place in the jars.
  6. Use a 35 light string. Put 3 lights in the top jar, in through the hole of the lids, put 2 lights in the rest of the lids and tape with black electrical tape, to hold them in.
  7. Plug in and enjoy. I still have the one my daughter made over 15 years ago.

By Great Granny Vi

By Catherine Alksins (Guest Post)

Nice!!!Fab!!Jealous!!Roll on xmas!!!

This is adorable! What a creative idea! I thought baby food jars were only good for storing paint and other things in. Thanks for sharing the picture and instructions!

They really look nice. You can also put a 3" wide green (or whatever color you like) ribbon around the tree part, or around the whole thing, just finishes it more.

I'd heard of these before, but had never seen one. It's cute!!!!! What a clever idea!!

By jessica (Guest Post)

i think that is so great. wish i would have seen it sooner. i have for children and none need babyfood anymore!

but it's still worth getting some just to make the trre! i guess i'll get bananas and eat them myself.

CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT CHRISTMAS TO MAKE ONE

By the great one. (Guest Post)

i cant wait to make it !

By Angela (Guest Post)

Thanks for the idea. I am making one for my Grandmother and had only seen patterns using 35 jars that would be way to heavy for her. This one is perfect and will ship easily.
Thanks!

By Jeff (Guest Post)

I have four kids, 11-7yrs, I saw this at a craft show when my oldest was just a baby. Since then I have saved "their" very own baby food jars to make their own trees.

I have just now started making the trees and plan on them being a Christmas gift one of these years.

By (Guest Post)

If you don't need baby food then buy baby food bananas and baby food apple sauce and make banana bread and apple bread or prunes to make your brownies instead of oil. Yep baby food prunes. Cathy from MA

I know I'll be making one (or more!) of these. Since the bulbs in the string of lights are easy to pull out, I think I'll switch them around so that only one color (green, dark blue) is in the trunk area, and clear ones in the top jar for the star. I really love this!

My mother had me and my sister making this baby jar tree since i was nine years old. I am now 50 years old and sharing this wonderful gift with my nine year daughter.

I have even used family pictures instead of garland along with icicles. Thanks for sharing and allowing me to share my experiences.

Battery operated lights would be ideal for this!

Anonymous

Cool