Arkansas Christmas Charities

I am out of work and I have no money. I need help getting my kids some Christmas gifts. Does anyone know where I can get help? I don't want them to get up to nothing that morning.

By patty from Monticello, AR

Are you getting unemployment, if you are a single parent are you getting child support, and if you are a widow you must be getting survivor's benefits. You can always pick up some little thing at a dollar store or thrift store. Thrift stores do have some new items. Kids don't need a whole pile of gifts, one will be enought. They also don't need expensive, designer things or electronic stuff. WalMart has a good selection of stuff for under $10.00. Also if you are really low income you must have a social worker at the Department of Social Services and that person should have some ideas.

Joan, Your reply to Patty's question is very inconsiderate and comes across actually abrasive! Apparently you have never known hard times, or the pain in your chest when the look of disappointment is on your children's faces.

Patty, contact the Woman's Auxiliary of Drew County, Hope place in Monticello, Options of Monticello (ask for Rhonda of Felicia), and SEARCH thrift store in Fountain Hill. Best of luck with finding help. If need help beyond those leads Patty, email me at cantoutfoxafox on g mail
Be Blessed Patty
Joan, I pray your life continues to be as perfect as it is right now.
Hope this helps both of you.

Why be a scrooge at christmas. Maybe the only money she gets goes for food and shelter.

Also if your kids have grandparents or aunts and uncles won't they be giving gifts?

Joan, no one knows someone else's circumstances. Before being judgemental please think with an humble heart. One day you may find yourself in the same situation.

May you find peace and joy this holiday season. God bless you