Inexpensive Menu Ideas for Large Rehearsal Dinner

Instead of a rehearsal dinner I thought we could have all the family members and wedding party for the meal after the wedding rehearsal. Between the 2 families, if everyone came it would 80 people then add in the pastor, bridesmaids, groomsmen, and maybe dates if they have one.

I am looking for a catered meal for 80 to 100 people that will not cost me an arm and a leg. We were looking at BBQ thinking that would be the least expensive, but I am open to suggestions. The wedding is in July, but I like to plan ahead.
Thanks for your help.

By Ginnie C

The rehearsal dinners that I have heard of are strictly for close family members and participants in the wedding. No dates allowed. You could serve sloppy joes, and various salads. Or else make it pot luck with the closest family members bring dishes to pass.

Really ? I guess it's all up to the type of function they want to have. The wedding & rehearsal dinner was a few hours from where we lived. I asked my future DIL to find a place & set it up.

Turned out to be a 4 couse very formal dinner. The wedding was ver formal also. Just turns out the reheasal dinner was not cheap. Guess I should have been more involved. Had no clue.

As it's not a rehearsal dinner, but a dinner in general after the rehearsal, I would have the worlds largest salad bar! It's summer, no one wants anything hot or that might be messy to eat. You can rent inflatable salad bars that hold ice, and bring your own additions such as bowls, tubs, etc.

I saw this once in a wedding in Tucson, which was outdoors and it was a stunning success. Cold, crisp and easy to eat, everyone loved it.

http://www.amaz  ar/dp/B0017VKR7M

As a diabetic, and with people who have gluten problems, this might be the best "all around please everyone" thing.
I hope this helps.

Get sliced deli meats, cheeses, and rolls. You can arrange them on dollar store trays, along with lettuce leaves, tomatoes, bowls of pickles, mayo, mustard, etc.

Have someone make nice potato and macaroni salads, etc. If you want guests rather than immediate family and attendants, have them bring pot-luck dishes, bottles of pop, etc. Congratulations and good luck.