Pouches for Starting Seeds Indoors

To plant seeds and not take up a lot of space, use vinyl pouches and hang them on your windows with suction cups and water them with a turkey baster. This works well in a window that gets a lot of warm southern exposure light. I started my tomato seeds like this. At night, I use a light bulb and aluminum foil to keep them warm. They are over an inch high now and the leaves smell great like a tomato!

Source: Disney Fun Magazine Spring Issue in February I believe.

By Ginger from Westport, CT

Not sure what you are calling vinyl pouches, you are referring to what? could you explain?

I agree with Gardendreamer. What do you mean by a vinyl pouch? Please submit an explanation and if possible a picture.

I saw this tip in that magazine also, it was a neat idea & I thought about trying it myself, much better than the old way of seeds in cups & jars for kids to watch! For those that asked, the vinyl pouches were the kind you put photos or collector cards (baseball-type) in. They already have the holes punched for the binder,you hang them on the suction.

Home and Garden Gardening SeasonalApril 1, 2011
😎
🐛
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf23310223.tip.html