DecorationsWeddings

Mickey and Minnie Wedding Ideas

I am planning my wedding (04/17/2010) and it is Mickey and Minnie themed. The colors are apple red, white, black, and silver. Anyone selling any of their pre-owned decorations, please contact me. We are on a very limited budget. Also, if anyone has any inexpensive decorating tips, please share. Thanks.

By ChinkeeNDrii from Stockton, CA

If you have a dollar store near you, they sell mylar balloons with some of the Mickey/Minnies on them. They would make colorful additiions. I don't know what your wedding colors are, but I would use white tablecloths (plastic if it is a casual reception) and sprinkle red, silver and black confetti on the tables. This would give kind of a "carnival" effect, similar to the parades at Disney. Hope this helps!

Precious Moments sells a Mickey and Minnie Mouse cake topper.

If you are planning your own meal, buy all your cutlery and table cloths from Dollar Tree. For the Main, cake and any other important table, buy queen white flat sheets from Wal-Mart. The last time I checked they are about $2.50, plus you can use them after words.

For table decorations, I would go with glass containers filled with glass beads that are your wedding colors, and if you really wanted to you could put a candle on the top. If you can think of some romantic sayings from Disney, you could type it out and put it on card stock with a picture of you and your husband. ( For example, "A Whole New World" and a picture with you both when you first started dating. "Some Day My Prince Will Come," with a picture of you before him. ) You could also take red, white, black, and silver tulle and run the length of the table.

If you have a meal you could also play songs from Disney, "A Whole New World", "Beauty and the Beast", "Love, (Robin Hood Love Song"find on youtube.com, the guy Nikewarior is really good) for examples. It might even more of a personal touch if you could have someone sing them and you could record them.

Behind the main table and cake table, you could have balloon arches with your colors.

Your lucky because your wedding is after Christmas and Valentines Day, that means buy up white lights, red flower petals (which you could sprinkle anywhere), silver bows, and well just about anything since it is going on sale after the holidays. Best of luck sounds like fun!

Make sure to add mouse ears. And you and your husband really need to wear them and get a picture with them on!