Spooky Tree

Lightup indoor/outdoor Halloween tree.

Approximate Time: 2 hours

• coat (so you don't get hurt by branches)
  • pruners
  • grape vines (20)
  • bricks
  • PVC piping (cut to your desired height)
  • jewelers string wire (or bread ties)
  • wire cutters

Instructions:

While shopping at a department store I fell in love with a light up spooky tree. But for 30$ and up, I could make it myself! This week's project was pretty simple.

1. My son Stephan and I went to look for some grape vines, luckily we had some on the RV lot where we live. We gathered 25 x 6 foot vines. The thicker they are, the better they are to twist-up. Remove by pruning all the stems, extra vines, and leaves to make a plain vine.

2. I borrowed 5 wall retaining bricks, and a used 4 inch piece of PVC piping I found in a trash pile. I cut the pipe to the height I wanted and stacked the bricks around the pipe so it would stand tall.

3. I started to wrap the vines starting from the bottom (roots) to the end (limbs).

4. I used a little jeweler's wire I bought from Michael's at super clearance of 80 cents and wire cutters to help hold the starting vines in place.

5. I continued to wrap and twist until I had 4 legs (roots) and three limbs.

6. The hubby suggested wrapping with lights to help hold it in place as it dries. So we went to Target to purchase 3 boxes of 100 count multi-color Halloween lights for 3.00$ a piece.

Total Cost: 9.80$

Note: Use the vines right away; don't let them dry out. If you must use later, soak them in a tub a water till use.

By Lesa D. from Auburn Hills, MI

Cool!

Don't have the patience for this! Ha.

Congratulations on a great Spooky Tree. It took some time and effort to achieve and included your family members. Well done.

Crafts Halloween DecorationsOctober 25, 2011
🍂
🎄