Planning a Wedding for $2500

Category Planning
Weddings come in all shapes and sizes. Your budget will certainly dictate the event, but with some ingenuity even a smaller budget can allow for a memorable day. This is a guide about planning a wedding for $2500.

My fiance and I are getting married at the end of August and are on a tight budget. We need somewhere to hold a ceremony and reception for 60 guests. Our budget is $2000 - $2500. Does anyone have any ideas besides a church that we could use? We would prefer indoor as opposed to an outdoor ceremony.

Answers

Best Answer

My dh and I rented our historic court house for 550.00 for our daughters wedding. It was very beautiful and had beautiful hardwood floors with a kitchen for her caterers. It had a big room plenty of room for table and chairs from the rental store and big tall windows which were perfect for pictures. She had a small stage where she placed and arch in front of her cake table. The tables were decorated simply with candle vases and she put clear marbles in it and put ribbon around the vase with her colors (lavender and pastel light green).

Best Answer

We used a family friend's condo recreation room. It was great, had a kitchen and everything. Best of all it was free. There was a $60 deposit which they return as long as no damage was done. A park was one of my other options. Many parks have indoor spaces, some even allow you to pitch a tent. The problem was that they close at sun down. When searching, don't look for "wedding reception" halls, the places that cater to weddings will usually be more expensive. I just did a post on receptions in my blog (www.lowcostweddings.blogspot.com).

Best Answer

Check out your local community center, they are usually big enough to hold weddings and you could probably have the reception there as well.

Sometimes parks have facilities for rent & they are reasonable but booked up early so check into it soon. We were to a wedding last week where nobody had flowers except the bride & 3 bridesmaids bouquets. Reception hall was sparsely decorated by only using the church's tealights on the tables. Nothing wrong with it - that stuff adds up. I heard they were taking a trip to Hawaii & they will remember that more than who had a flower on their lapel.