50th Birthday Ideas

I would like ideas for a 50 birthday party for my mom, its going to be next month and would like ideas like for centerpieces, food and drinks.

Thank you,

Lily

Best Answer

What about a "Back in Time" theme and just decorate with things from when they were young. Get games about news and headlines back when they were a teenager and have people guess on that I'm about to throw my mom a 50th surprise party where i work and were doing like a mix between over the hill and memories.

Let's see...your mom was born in 1955? I did a 50's party for my girlfriend 3 years ago. We had a riot. I met her at the door with a wheel chair! "Old people" might have that "big one" if too shocked by such a surprise party. I was dressed in a borrowed nurse's white dress and cap. I wore a stethascope around my neck too. I wheeled her into the room with all the guests hidden cheering "Happy Birthday". I had bought CD's of the 50's music for the right atmosphere. I had a pink felt, poodle skirt that was pinned to the wall as a backdrop for the cake. We served the foods that our teenage parties always served.....sloppy joes, chips, and colas. Everyone brought a gag gift. Jelly beans in a jar were pills for various medical needs, polygrip, hemorroid cream, etc.

I threw my mom a 50's sock hop birthday party. Went on ebay and got a lot of stuff from the 50's for decorations, had the 50's music playing, then everything I bought for the party was hers afterwards.

I also rented a white limo to pick her up and bring her to the party (one of those things she'd always said she wanted).