Making a Tree Skirt with Neckties

Category Decor
Men's neckties come in so many beautiful colors and patterns they are a great choice for your next craft project. One interesting choice is to craft a tree skirt using neckties. This is a guide about making a tree shirt with neckties.

This was made from men's ties that I got from friends who's husbands no longer wore them. I did open them up but if you have enough you would not have to open them up.

Cut the length you want from each (should be the same length), then hand or machine stitch them together. Leave the last one open so it will go around the tree. Cut a hole in the middle and use one of the cut off pieces as a binding. Some men have quite a collection of Christmas ties that would work perfectly for this.

By NoRulesArt from Sunny Florida

That's very unique and I love the look of recycled ties!

This would be something I would like to try. Thanks for the idea!

I would like to know if you took the inside of the ties out and made it more flexible to put together?