Keeping Track Of Christmas Purchases Year Round

I shop year round for Christmas gifts. Many a time, I have forgotten where I put the items by the time the holiday arrived. I now have a foolproof tip. Every time I purchase an item, I flip my calendar over to October and I make a note of what I bought, who the item is for, and, mostly importantly, I make a note of where the item is stored.

Now when October rolls around and early Christmas wrapping begins, I just go to October and there are my Christmas items listed and where they are stored. Saves me a lot of time and tears of trying to find where I "hid" a gift. So easy to keep a record of it and I'm not trying to keep up with a notebook or piece of paper either.

By Marsha Fleenor from Greenville, NC

Good idea - and this method should help you avoid buying duplicate gifts, too. One year I accidentally bought my oldest niece two gifts because I'd forgotten I'd bought her one already. Duh!