Washington Christmas Charities

Where can I find free Christmas gifts for low income families?

By Rose from Kent, WA

Look in the phone book, there are all kinds of different places that do things like that. If you are talking about for kids, some of them have age limits. There is the Salvation Army, Toys for Tots, etc. Also call 211, it is a nationwide organization, called HELPLINE that keeps a listing of different charities. There was a time more than 20 years ago that I needed that type of help, but I found these organizations on my own. You could also call the Department of Social Services. A lot of these organizations do have income guidelines, and just because somebody thinks they are low income, doesn't mean that they are low enough income. Most families can afford to get small inexpensive gifts from dollar stores. It is supposed to be the thought that counts.

Redhatterb gave good advice. Also, having a low income does not necessarily equate to being entitled to 'free gifts' for Christmas.

There's a difference between low income and being truly 'needy'.

wow such negativity if you don't have tips or help then don't post.... we don't need to judge people and how is it low income does not mean needy????? I hope Rose you find the help you need, if you live in the Edmonds School District call them about Holly House, in Everett there is the Christmas house in Kirkland Hope Link also check you local Salvation Army, St. Vincent De Paul or VOA and Toys for Tots you must do online, Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones. I also check out Buy Nothing in FB world. Second hand Stores have many beautiful items that are cheap for gifts , One present I give my kids on Christmas eve is a pair of pj new or second hand, a cocoa cup (second hand) and a book or movie second hand good luck

🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-13 12:25:47 in 945 msecs. ⛅️️