ChristmasGifts

Christmas: What is Important Gift

When thinking of fun things to do at parties, I did this one several years ago when selling Tupperware. I adapted it today for a gal who needed holiday party ideas, and thought I would share it with all of you.

Sometimes, we get caught up in the hype of the holidays, bombarded from August on with ads for this and that. Understandably, kids fall prey to this and we all do what we can to make their holidays happy. But, for the older set, like, 25 on, I think we need to be reminded of what is important. Sometimes, that is simply looking at yourself in a mirror.

Find a box you have at home, or go to a craft or dollar store and find a box and a mirror that can fit on the bottom. Tape or glue it to the bottom inside the box. Decorate the box as fancy as you can, and tell the recipient that "this is the best present I have ever received".

When they open the box, most likely with a curious look on their face, they will see themselves in the reflection.

In the hurry and worry of today's' world, one should never miss an opportunity to tell those we love how we feel. One never knows when they will get the chance again. This is a special way of doing just that.

Source: I did something similar when I sold party products years ago.

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Yorktown VA

Anonymous

Such a nice idea, Sandi! Thanks!

Beautiful idea. Thank you.