Halloween Candy Box
Painted wooden box to put your Halloween candy in.
Approximate Time: 1 hour
- acrylic paints colors
- Halloween foam stamps
- wooden box
- foam brush
- tiny screwdriver
- Use screwdriver to remove screws from hinges. Not a necessary step but makes it so much easier to paint if you do this, then you don't have to worry about keeping paint off of them.
- Of course you can choose your own colors, and stamps. I painted the box black, using a brush, and let it dry, I didn't paint inside because I am putting candy inside and don't want it on the painted box.
- I dipped my foam brush into the water and squeezed all the water out. I dipped it into the paint and then used to put the paint onto my foam stamps and then put them onto the box how i wanted it.
- Clean the foam brush in between colors. When I have everything on there like I liked it I then painted it with mod podge to seal it.
- Make sure you clean your foam stamps with a little soap and water and let them dry thoroughly.
- Add Halloween candy and makes a sweet gift for someone.
The stamps I actually won, but they were only 99 cents, the box was $1.99 at Hobby Lobby and had the paints so this was a very reasonably priced craft. I was able to make three for only 6 bucks.
By micksgirl from Paducah, KY
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!