Restaurant Gift Certificates

For those of you with hard to buy for parents, here's a last minute tip that can be used for any occasion. My parents love to go out to eat, especially after Mass on Saturday. Each year, I get them restaurant gift certificates.

I like to package them a little different every year. One year, I placed them in a photo frame. Another year, with a basket with a DVD and popcorn. Other ideas include taped to the lid of an empty box, attached to a set of dinner plates, or perhaps with gloves for driving to the restaurants.

Let your imagination fly. You always have to eat. Good luck!

By Kathy from Barrington Drive

This is a great idea, especially for people like me who enjoy eating out and usually don't due to financial constraints. Just be sure the gift certificate you buy will actually cover an entire meal. Hubby and I received a $20 gift certificate for a restaurant a year or two ago. When our daughter invited us out, we suggested that restaurant because we thought the gift certificate would go a long way toward paying our own way.

Goes to show, we should've done our homework. The certificate helped, but not nearly as much as we'd thought. I suspect it barely covered the appetizers and drinks. Good thing our daughter could cover the rest!