AdviceWeddings

Draping Walls in a Ballroom Hall for Wedding

I live in Florida and I am getting married in 5 months. My reception is taking place in a ballroom hall and I want to drape the walls and ceiling. I have no idea where to go and I'm in a tight budget. Please help!

Cynt

By Alicia (Guest Post)

Ha! The same goes for me. I am looking for ceiling drapes and am also on a tight budget and I am getting married in less than 3 months!

Check out your fabric store, Wal-Mart if they still have fabric, and discount fabric outlet, or online for "cheesecloth". It's cheap, see-through, and can be dyed with Rit or another dye.

If you live anywhere near a textile outlet, check out their offerings. You may be able to buy a large bolt of fabric. The sheer fabric is a nice idea. Dying it is a cool idea, too, but don't go too dark. You want light walls to reflect any light on tables, etc.. Sheets at the dollar store could help, but finding enough of the same would be a challenge. Good luck

By Dave (Guest Post)

My suggestion is to rent the backdrops. There are many sites that offer this service.

This is done all the time for Mardi Gras balls and as backgrounds for Feature Films. Rent. It's cheaper.