Workplace Christmas Gift Ideas

My husband has 15 to 20 managers that he oversees and I'd really like to do something for them for Christmas. I don't know all their names, much less what they like (and neither would my husband). The plan was to do a box/tin etc. of cookies or a gift in a jar.

After reading around, a lot of people don't like the idea of getting homemade food from somebody they're not close to. People are different these days! Anyway, do you have any cheap ideas. They are mostly men. I'm not willing to spend more than a couple of dollars and cookies are all I can think of! Thanks in advance!

Danielle from Burlington, IA

Best Answer

Buy a coffee cup, put in one package of hot chocolate, one candy cane, and maybe some Christmas chocolates. Since you can buy the candies in bulk, it will be cheaper than you first think. Place a ribbon or bow on the cup handle. Everyone likes hot chocolate, and if not, they can give it to their kids and put coffee in it. :)

Good Luck

Best Answer

Yes, I agree with Karen. Here in Australia we have the $2 shops and we call them the Junk Shop. They do serve their purpose at times. I think homemade and handmade is wonderful. I think it humbles people and reminds them of what is special. This year I gave my work colleages a little home made Christmas Pudding I purchased from the Trefoil Girl Guides (Scouts) nicely wrapped at that cost AUD 4 each which is pricely for me. Next year hope to give my work colleagues home made cards with an enclosed hand made book mark. I am going to cross stitch them for the ladies and paint some for the blokes. All the best with whatever you decided. Cheers!

Best Answer

Myself, I'd rather receive a plate of homemade cookies or homemade candy or flavored instant coffee or teas.

My husband, from work has received a nice mini flashlight. On another occasion, a mini screwdriver set.

Once when helping a pal from church do a home chore, the man wasn't able to do alone, he gave us a bottle of wine. Since we're not drinkers, it made a nice gift to re-gift.

My husband has about 15 he manages and he bought them all those small LED flashlights which ended up costing about 1.50 each. They are nice, though, not cheap looking, and they came with batteries. Everyone is feeling the pinch these days for sure.

Susan in Omaha

Make enough dessert for the group and have them have a Christmas coffee together.

They only want money, even if its a five dollar gift card to mcdonalds. They don't want any nasty cookies or basket thats just going to go to goodwill anyway. These days its more than the thought that counts, its how much money (time and work) you put into the gift.

Anonymous

Totally agree with this!

You can get small things like coffee cups, notepads or even books from dollar stores now.

I like the idea of the coffee cup with hot chocolate, you could also add a scratch-off lottery ticket and some small candies like hershey kisses.

Wow! I am really shocked at these responses. Who'd rather get junk from the Dollar store when you can get homemade cookies or a thoughtful homemade soup mix/cookie mix?

A thoughtful, homemade gift is far more valuable and wonderful than 1.50 junk made in China. What has made us think otherwise? I think now that the economy is getting worse, people will get back to things that are thoughtful, valuable and made locally and with care.