Where Can I Buy Diatomaceous Earth?

Where can I buy fresh water food grade diatomaceous earth in Houston TX Area? I want to use it as a wormer for my horses and dogs. Thanks.

Jean from Bellville, TX

Best Answer

Hi!
I buy food grade diatomacious earth at the feed store. Delilah500 is right. Absolutely do not use the DE meant for swimming pool filters for your animals.

Best Answer

Jean,
Fresh water food grade diatomaceous earth is unlike other forms of DE because it is safe to pets and people. This is for information.. not a cheap plug. You can also buy food grade diatomaceous earth inexpensively ONLINE. I own a company called Earth Works Health, and we distribute Permaguard Fresh Water Food Grade DE products with the best prices on the net. You can find us at Earthworkshealth.com.

Larry Smith

I don't think the Diatomaceous Earth that you're seeking is the same that is used in swimming pools.
I would check with the health food store or a vet before giving it to any animal.

Jean, I don't know anything about your question but just wanted to say HI cause I'm from SEALY-hi again.

Hope you have found it by Now! I use on my horses, cats, and birds. My birds include Dom. Turkey, Wild Turkey, Pigeons, Jersey Giant Chickens, One Emu, and a Chukar (Used to have Pheasant, Quail, & Peacock, Toned down a little). Birds get it in their food, nest boxes, sand (dusting) Boxes, Horses get it in their food and I sprinkle it on the floor to cut down on oders, and cats get in their food sprinkled on them for fleas etc. I've been using it for 10 years! Any way you can find it just about anywhere out west by the fifty lbs. bag. One place is wolfcreekranch.net in CA. Do your research! It has to be food grade, and don't buy anything that sits on a shelf in a garden shop near poison. I live in Upstate NY Its $30.00 to ship it here!

Lori