GiftsChristmas

Memory Gifts For Christmas

Every year the adults in my family draw names and buy a gift for just one person instead of a gift for everyone. Sometimes we have themes for the gifts. One year we did memory gifts (I saw this one on TV) The give was supposed to represent a particularly memory of that person in the past. It was very moving to see what memories people cherish. We will have a different theme this year, don't know what yet.

By Sharon from Bonita Springs, FL

By Diana (Guest Post)

Please provide additional info on what the Memory gift entails-sounds like a good idea

By Sharon (Guest Post)

I gave my mom a small picture frame with a little doll shirt in it in memory of the time she stayed up all night helping me finish a shirt for my home-Ec class in the seventh grade. My brother got a cowboy boot keychain because he used to wear his cowboy boots on the wrong feet when he was three or four years old. Things like that.

By Tedebear (Guest Post)

Hi Sharon,

This is a great idea!

Last Christmas I dug out lots of work sheets and items my children had brought home over the years. They are now well into adulthood and laughed over the pictures and reports they had written. We took pictures while they read over their old work. Priceless!