Painting Red Birds on Glass Ornaments

I have some clear glass Christmas ornaments that I want to paint for my tree this year. I have a treetop bow that has red birds on it. I would like to paint red birds on the ornaments. My tree is white.

Does anyone know where I can find a bird pattern to use? I want to either stencil the bird on or cut a sponge in the bird shape to paint with.
Thanks!

By Elizabeth (Guest Post)

Check stickers (or a photo) of the bird you want, then copy it in several sizes - several copies. There is sticky stencil material at craft stores you can put over the copy you want and make a stencil, or just cut out the paper one and use Modpodg or tacky glue to put it on the curved surface. I no longer have photo of the ladybugs of 3 sizes I put on planters.

Be sure to get paint that is designed to stick on glass. Lots of paints will flake off from glass. If you can find plastic ornaments, fabric paint, the 3-D kind, works very well.

Ask a nearby child to draw a bird for you? let them participate!

Crafts Christmas OrnamentsNovember 26, 2007
💘
🍀