Wrap Presents in Reusable Totes

I've been collecting inexpensive cloth tote bags for gifts. I buy these tote bags at grocery stores and thrift shops. They cost $1 or $2. I put birthday and Christmas gifts inside the reusable tote, instead of a gift bag or wrapping paper. I'm saving money, recycling, and the recipient gets a handy cloth or recycled tote bag. I've picked up some really nifty tote bags over the summer.

By Christine from Dover, DE

I bought several cheap calico carry bags (less than an Aussie $1!) & then did some simple 'redwork' embroidery on them. This is basically just line drawings stitched with either backstitch, or you can use chain stitch, simple running stitch, or any stitches you like to do, or have the time to do. You can even put the name on the bag, eg. groceries, fruit & veg, meat, Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, Mary's laundry (for soiled clothing when travelling), Trucks for boys or flowers for girls, with their names, etc. You are only limited by your imagination! You also have the pleasure of adding your own personality into the gift, enjoy sewing the bag, & have a gift that will be forever remembered.

Cheers,
Wendy

Anonymous

Love this idea. Hate wrapping gifts and am not good at it. Had to use totes one year when I ran out of paper and it was too late to get to the stores.

Holidays and Parties Christmas Gift WrappingDecember 14, 2010
🐛
📓
🌻
😎