Remedy for Sneaky Peeky Kids at Christmas

If your kids peek at gifts under the tree or search throughout the house for presents, wrap them immediately upon bringing them in. Mark them with a code only YOU know!

Or trade wrapped gifts with a neighbor.

By Linda

My Parents had done this for years with different neighbors and it always caught us by surprize!! I clearly remember the year my sister and I thought we were getting a dumb race car set!!!Were we happy to see dolls and a Barbie house under the tree Christmas Morning!!

haha, I remember one year, I cut a small square out of the wrapping of the present that was mine so that maybe I could see a word or something
that could give me a hint to what it was. Well, my mom found out. She said that I could open the present on Christmas day to see what it was, but then she would take it back to the store. I was really upset. Then, on Christmas morning, I opened it and it was a game system I had been wanting for years. I was crying, ( I was about 6 years old,) begging her not to take it back. She laughed and said she was only joking about it. Trust me, i'm never going to peek in presents ever again!

There was a huge present in the back of the Christmas tree (it was a very large piece of luggage) the Christmas before I was to go off to college. I was alone one afternoon, curiosity got the best of me, I got my hand down in the box to try to figure it out, and realized it was luggage. I was really disappointed because now I knew what the biggest gift was, and it really wasn't what I'd hoped for. Christmas morning we were all unwrapping the gifts and I confessed while I was opening my luggage (I was afraid Mom knew I'd peaked) and to my surprise when I opened the luggage, I found it chock full of clothes, the most beautiful wardrobe ever!! For me, this was one of the most memorable Christmases. For Mom too, because she really pulled one on me!