MiscellaneousChristmas

Guess What You Are Buying Me For Christmas?

Category Miscellaneous

This is only a tip if you consider getting something you'd like for Christmas, but someone else buys it. My youngest son is now 37. When he was about 10, I took the kids to do 'their' shopping for the family. Each one was allowed $5 per person. We were at Kmart looking through boxes of framed pictures.

I found one of a tall ship. I had started collecting these ships, pictures, models, etc. We weren't looking for anyone in particular up to that point. I looked at my son and said, "Guess what you are buying me for Christmas?"

By knitter from Bloomington, Illinois

This brought a smile to my face....remembering one year when my husband brought in several wrapped packages and put them under the tree. I asked him who they were for, and he said, "These are to me....from you!" So that was the year that I didn't know what I got him for Christmas until he opened them on Christmas morning.

But I guess that he really didn't enjoy having no surprises because that was the only time that happened in our house!
Harlean from Arkansas
Happy Holidays to all you ThriftyFun folks!