FrugalGifts

Plant Clippings As Gifts

I have a second generation spider plant that has more babies on it than I know what to do with. So this year, I clipped a few and put them in water about a month or two ago. I kept some aluminum vegetable cans (easiest to clean out) to use as pots. After potting the clippings in the cans, I used tissue paper on one and felt squares on the other two that I held in place with rubber bands. I tied ribbon around the cans to decorate and hide the rubber bands. Total cost- $0.00

By Jenntaker from Lenox, MA

Plant Clippings As Gifts

Nice idea!

I often divide and take cuttings of my plants in the fall to donate to our local Salvation Army. Not many people donate plants and YES, they are glad to have them. The last time I donated 13 plants, a couple in 15" pots, and they were picked up before I could get to the front to get my donation slip. This is a wonderful way to keep my plants under control, get rid of my old pots, allow others the privilege of owning plants, and helping a worthy cause.

By gransism (Guest Post)

What a wonderful idea and how thoughtful. There are many of us who would love plants but just don't have the extra to purchase them.

What a blessing you are.

I LOVE this idea. I would not only love to receive a gift like this, but I've recently started learning about gardening, so I got a great idea. Thank you!