Dishsoap Insect Spray

I use soap to spray for insects in garden. Mix 1 tablespoon of liquid soap with water in a quart spray bottle from Dollar store. Spray once a week and after a rain.

By Kathleen from Dothan, AL

This is true, my mom has used it in her garden for years. But, the man I buy orchids from said NOT to use Dawn liquid dish soap as it will kill your plants by morning. Never tried it but Im taking his word for it.

By k w (Guest Post)

Yes I use liquid dish soap to spray for insects in garden & flowers, good luck.

I have already rid my garden of aphids and it seems like all the insects, even though the weather has been extremely rainy. Puree one yellow onion with 2 cloves minced garlic.

Mix in 2 cups of water and 2 Tbsp. lemon soap. Strain and put in spray bottle. I made a huge batch (4 times the recipe) and I'm not sure I will need it again until next year. One dose and I'm done!

I boil 3 lbs of chopped rhubarb leaves in 3 qts of water and simmer for 30 mins, cool and strain. Then dissolve 1 0z laundry soap in 1 qt of water and add to leaves. Can be sprayed on all plants for aphids

Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlJanuary 29, 2009
🌻
😷
😎
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf47477544.tip.html