DressesWeddings

Finding a Bra for My Wedding Gown

Category Dresses

I have been having trouble finding an appropriate bra for my wedding gown. I tried a NuBra and didn't like it, sewn-in bra cups won't work for my gown, and I'm too busty (borderline C/D cup) to go braless. I'm still looking for a longline bra, but they are very expensive. Is it possible to construct an inexpensive adhesive bra from duct tape?

Kara from Indianapolis, IN

Did the store where you purchased the dress have any suggestions?

You could try going to an upscale lingerie store and ask their fitting girl for suggestions.

I bought a bra from a department store to wear with a bridesmaid dress. I can't remember what it was called, but it looked like a big band aid with the cups in it. It only goes up to right underneath the armpits and there is a special kind of tape that holds it in place. It was comfortable for me, but I barely need a bra. I think it cost about 20 or 30 dollars.

You are on the right track. It is possible to use duct tape, in fact that is what transvestite males use to give themselves cleavage. When my daughter was going to a dance and needed a no-show bra I googled and found the directions on how to place the tape. Here is a link. Be careful not to leave it on too long, I would think it might leave a reddened area. Maybe soak in warm water before removing like in a jaccuzzi.

http://www.happ  boob_taping.html

TC in MO

Rather than duct tape the celebs use taupe tape to hold them up in revelaing dresses

My daughter is getting married in June/06, and when she tried on her gown, we got introduced to a corsette. I had heard they were uncomfortable, but, she really liked it. It is strapless, and is GREAT for helping you stand up straight, and looking slimmer. No , it was not real tight. Now my other daughter, the maid-of-honor, wants one too for her gown in the wedding. I highly recommend a strapless corsette.

well, you are going to REALLY hate this tip...however...maybe a different style dress would have worked better...was just my first thought.??

Anyway...good luck and best wishes on your wedding!!

What a gorgeous dress!

No bra advice, though.

If you go with the duct tape, I would definitely try it out before the wedding day so that your wedding night is not ruined! I have a stick on bra that I think I purchased at Walmart. It is actually just the cup part and feels like the stretchy bandaid material. I am a 38 D and it works for me! The dress is gorgeous girl! You go!!

Normally where you purchase the dress they have different bras for there gowns. I have purchased a holster wedding gown, it's beautiful and I went back to the store where I purchased it and also purchased the bra for this particular gown.