Getting The Most Of Your Post-Christmas Shopping

The Christmas frenzy and day after frenzy is over and retailers are still trying to move merchandise from their shelves. Now is the time to shop if you can think ahead some. I gather up my discount bucks I got from buying before Christmas. While I was out before Christmas, I gave out my email address and got more online coupons. Any special day passes I may have gotten, I get that too. Just to make it a little bit better, I can shop on senior citizen day and take my mother or sister.

A recent trip to a popular department store had me buying Christmas and Thanksgiving items at 95% off. Seasonal items will be the heaviest discounted. Avoid food items because they will not save well. Wrap scented candles in cellophane and store in a cool place to extend their scent.

I do all of my Christmas shopping after Christmas, I just put them all up till next year, that way you buy nice gift, but cheap.

I really look forward to the day after Christmas sale shopping and low and behold, we had a big snow yesterday. As much as it was killing me not to be at Wal-Mart and other favorite stores for bargains, I stayed in, safe & warm. The roads were not good t all and I felt it was prudent to stay home. Today doesn't look much better but I may brave the weather to see what's still to be had. I'm hoping I didn't miss the boat completely as I will be sad!