DecorationsChristmas

Craft Project: Lighted Welcome Tin

Reuse those Christmas popcorn tins to welcome your holiday guests and place it by an entrance or anywhere to make them feel welcome and add holiday charm to your home.

Here, I used a bear Christmas printed tin but you can reuse all those ones you have with any scene with a holiday theme simply by adding holiday decorations and and a battery powered light. I hot glue all my items on well so I can also raise up the lid.

Use the inside for storage. I store scented pine cones fire starters, every once in a while before guests come, I raise the lid momentarily, and it gives the house a very welcome scent.

I display mine under my Christmas tree until it is filled with gifts then I move it too my doors entrance either inside or out. These make great gifts as well, Enjoy. Happy Holidays

Approximate Time: 30-60 minutes or less depending on the already decorations you may have available

• Empty popcorn tin
  • Hot glue gun and glue sticks, or epoxy
  • Ad

• White acrylic paint
  • Small paint brush
  • Decorations to add to the top of the lid, anything will work so be creative:

• holiday decorations left over from other projects
    • polyfill batting for snow, pine cones from the yard
    • silk poinsettia flowers
    • fake holy berry
    • pictures
    • a battery operated plastic holiday candle (bought at the dollar store)
    • an old wooden sign (bought in a yard sale for 25 cents)

Instructions:

Simply hot glue or epoxy all the decorations of your choice to the tin cans lid the way you like.

First, lay down polyfill fiber batting to the lid for snow and then glue it on.

Add battery candle stick to the center and glue it in place at its base.

Add pine cones around the candle stick in a circular motion, and glue them on as well.

Add holiday pictures of holly berries & silk fake floral poinsettias tucked in between the pine cones

Nail on the wooden holiday sign to the tin cans outer top edge.

Then paint the top of the candle stick bulb and the tips of the pine cones with white acrylic paint to simulate snow to complete a wintry snowy scene

Place this near a door entrance or anywhere you like to welcome your guest with a warm holiday cheer.

By Julie from Tennessee

Craft Project: Lighted Welcome Tin

This is beautiful! And even better, it's versatile! Simply by changing the decorations on top, and covering with contact paper or whatever, you could change this out with the seasons or different holidays!

I love this idea! I have some of those tins and I hated to throw them away because they are so pretty! I am going to make me some of these!