HomemadeGifts

Recipe Book for a Gift

Category Homemade

This year I haven't worked very much so I've been trying to get creative. One idea is for my granddaughter Bailey, a recipe book. She just got married this year so I'm going to get a photo album and some clear protective pages at the Dollar store. I am going to go through my recipes, picking out a bunch of good ones, I will make copies on the computer. Then I will punch holes and use dividers for "sections" like casseroles, desserts, soups, etc.

By Pat S.

That Will make a great gift! My Aunt did the same thing for her children,I did them up on the computer for her, they turned out great! we bought the clear sleeves at an office store and put the recipes in them

and then put them in the notebook. her children loved them:)

Pat,

Have you considered writing notes or a story or something to go with the recipe? For instance, a family favorite of ours during the holiday is eggnog. Not just any eggnog, but homemade eggnog made from the same recipe my great-grandfather used. I scrapbook, and have put together a "family treasures" type recipe book. Not only listing the recipe, but the traditions behind it, was it a favorite of someone in the family, etc. Do you have a picture that could go with the recipe? Done in your own handwriting, it will be a legacy to your grandaughter that she'll treasure always!

Honestly, that is the most thoughtful gift you could give. Worth way more than any amount you could ever spend. My husbands grandmother was a awesome cook. His mother never learned how to cook anything that she made - she hates cooking :)

I told my husband and his sister's someone needs to get them written down somewhere. Since we were all young they thought I was nuts. Also it was hard to find the time to actually do it. Well, his nani had a stroke not long after that and doesn't remembers any of them. Very sad. Other than a few recipes that she did write down, they are lost forever. You have a very lucky granddaughter :)

I did this same thing for my son and his new bride. I bought a ring binder notebook and used sheet protectors. I also made a cover for the notebook out of material. Their dishes have an apple pattern so I chose material with apples on it and lined it with a solid color and put a binding around it. It turned out pretty neat. I feel this is something that maybe will be passed down, since a lot of the recipes were passed on to me from my mother and mother-in-law.

Where I can I go to print the recipes I have so it would look like a regular recipe? please let me know I am wanting to make arecipe book for my son and daughter in law.

I totally agree...Great Gift idea!!!

And just a thought...you can add a little "fun" interest if you have any photos from family gatherings featuring the food. Or pics of people to go with their "favorites". Really adds that heirloom feel :)