Planning an Engagement Party

I have to plan an engagement party for my brother and his fiance. I don't know what to do. I am married, but never had one myself. Please help.

Kimberly

I did a party for a friend's son and his fiance. We used the theme "a great catch". We bought galvanized buckets for the tables to hold champagne. This was the most expensive purchase we had to make. We bought them in the paint department at home deport. You could buy cardboard buckets and cover with aluminum foil. Small styrofome coolers would work too.

We covered the tables with a sage green table cover and down the middle of the tables we spead rock pebbles from home depot. We used the river rock that was smooth with colors or browns, beiges and white. We nestled 100 or so tea lights into the rocks for candle-light. We decorated the head table by drapping it with fish nets from the local party store (found in the loua section.) In this netting we hooked some fishing lures.

At the entrance to the room and down the banister we decorated with some reeds from a local pond (the grooms dad supplied these), cane poles and cattails. We tied this all together with some green and beige plaid ribbon and some green rafia. We tied in sone little woodon buckets we bought at the dollar tree. We made up a congragulatory sign showing two fish kissing and added their names. For the buffet table we were able to find some big fish shaped serving bowls. Lay around some bobbers, etc.

Old fishing laterns would be great too. We were able to obtain pictures of the couple fishing as children and framed them in natural looking frames--we glued sticks to the inexpensive frames we had purchased. The ideas are endless and everyone had things to add.

i would like a list of things i need to do ie arranging things as this is my first time.