Some Lights Out on Pre-lit Tree

I have a pre-lit tree and noticed that some of the lights are out and have turned black. Does that mean that I need to replace that strand? Can you do that on these?

By pj

Best Answer

I don't know why the bulbs have turned black, or do you just mean they don't light up. If some of them have just burned out, you should be able to replace the bulb. Anyway any pre lit tree that I have had have been that way. I don't know if you can replace the whole string or not, to me they look like they are attached to the tree in places. I kind of decided that when this happens to mine, I will just pretend it is one that didn't come with lights and string strings of new lights on it. The pre lit trees are kind of expensive to replace.

My tree states that if one light goes out the rest stay lit. Yea, right. False advertising.

I have a big section on my pre-lit tree that's gone out. To find one light to replace would be like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

I thought it would save hassle when I bought a pre-lit Christmas tree but it is just the opposite. The top of mine would not light the second year I had it. I would never buy another. And yes, it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I have a pre lite tree that I have had for about 4 years. This year the middle section would not lite up. I just added a small string of lights to the middle and left the non working ones on the tree. You cannot even notice them once the other decorations are put on the tree.