Having a Wedding Ceremony After Eloping

When you choose to get married quickly, you may still want to make your commitment to each other with friends and family. This is a guide about having a wedding ceremony after eloping.

My husband and I are going to have a wedding ceremony in July after a year and a half of being married. Since we eloped, we decided to have the whole ceremony and reception thing. We want his cousin to be our "minister" (kind of like Joey did for Monica in Friends). I need ideas for what he should say to "marry us".

By yessy from Bossier City

Answers

Best Answer

My two sisters and I had this read at all of our weddings and we've been married 25, 18 and 17 years!

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves."
-- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Best Answer

Lots of couples have a renewal of vows ceremony. Why don't you have a look at the wording of that ceremony and use the same if you like it?

My husband and I are having a wedding reception after eloping. We are going to have a ring bearer, but I don't know if we should to the traditional procedures for the ring exchange or is there another way to give our rings to each other? Or should we even do the ring exchange?

By yessy from Bossier City, LA

Answers

Best Answer

Perhaps when you eloped, you had a civil ceremony without clergy and now are you planning to have a religious ceremony? If so, then usually a ring exchange is apart of that ceremony as the clergy blesses the rings. I would think you are probably inviting your closest friends and family who are all want to celebrate your marriage then you should do what you want. They all love you and shouldn't be talking about etiquette, just wishing you a happy marriage. Best wishes!