Bev's Christmas Stocking Stuffer Idea

I used to feel a real anti-climax when at the end of Christmas my children would be gloating over their presents and little treats in their stockings and I end up feeling feeling left out, even though I had presents from my hubby or children.

It just didn't feel like the Christmas of old when I would get up as a child and find my stocking stuffed with exciting presents and treats. I used to oooh and aaahhh over them and it was the highlight of Christmas for me.

This is what can brighten up the day of all the grownups who have the responsibility of buying presents for their children or who possibly live on their own and don't receive presents from anyone.

During the year, while out and about, buy little things that catch your attention. Put them in some Christmas stockings (purchased in the January half price sales or even cheaper). Put the stockings in an out of the way place that no-one (including yourself would think to look). Of course you have to know where they are, but make sure that they aren't so visible that you would be tempted to look.

It's amazing how much you forget during the year, and if you get something small once every couple of months or even once a month you will soon have a stocking full of treats that will surprise you when Christmas comes around.

I am talking about things that are 50 cents to $2 per item. Not only are you going to be surprised with your stocking, you are able to fill stockings throughout the year, freeing up some of your time at Christmas time which can be really frantic looking for the bigger presents. It will be one less cost at the time of year which our budgets can be truly stretched to breaking point.

Hope you all have a Blessed Christmas and Happy New Year

God bless
Bev in Australia