BuyingGifts

Stockpile Gifts Buy Ahead at After Holiday Sales

Every year after Christmas I go to the after christmas sales and buy ornaments, gifts sets, small gifts etc. I also buy childrens toys and small gifts as well. I put the gifts in a box that I wrap in a netural gold, silver, blue or red shiny paper so when it is put in the storage area I can easily identify it throughout the next year. I label the boxes. For The childrens box I call it something like "The Treasure Chest" or "Treats for The Sweet".

You can wrap the presents in advance and let the recipients choose their own gift which is great fun. Or you can just have a stash of gifts on hand all year, which will save time but the best part is the money you save! I don't know if you are like me but last minute shopping always seems to cost me more in both time and money! Also don't forget all the other after holiday sales that can help you stock your box-Valentines-Easter-Spring, etc!

By JustSusan from Virginia Beach, Va

Along with your shopping method I have gone to thrift stores and estate/garage sales and have found 'brand-new' bargains. These previously unwanted items become gifts that I give.