MiscellaneousChristmas

A Spicy Smell for Christmas

I was at a dear friend's house for a Christmas Open House this past week end. Walking into her home was a treat. The whole house smelled so good. When I checked with her to see what she used, she showed me a very small box of mulling spices. The $6.95 price was still on the box. I quickly looked at the ingredients and went home to experiment.

I had some inexpensive cinnamon sticks, store brand, whole cloves, also store brand and orange peels from the oranges I juiced for out breakfast. I put all of the ingredients in a pot of water, bringing it to a boil, then turned it down on medium for about a hour, uncovered. Depending on how much water you put in your pot, you may need to add water as the mixture boils down. My house smelled spicy and very close to the welcoming scent my friend spent $6.95 for.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

Anonymous

I USE THE ELECTRIC CANDLE WARMERS AND THEY HAVE ALMOST THE SAME EFFECT! I DO LIKE PREPARING FRESH CITRUS, CINNAMON, AND OTHER SPICES TO SIMMER ON THE STOVE - THE AROMA BRINGS ABOUT A COZY FEELING!