Homemade Flocking for Christmas Tree

Can anyone give me ideas on making homemade flocking for our Christmas tree? I was in a car accident and can't take my three grandbabies to the snow for them to have a white Christmas. They are too small to understand, and thought I could at least make snow for our tree. Please tell me how to make the flocking and where to purchase the items that i would need. I really appreciate it. Thanks.

By Debbie

Best Answer

Hi Debbie, sorry to hear about your accident and I hope you recover soon. I think you could either buy flocked fabric (like they use to drape under trees - available just about everywhere, it's white with a bit of glitter) and cut it into snow 'clumps' and just attach to the tree, or use stuffing (for making pillows) and bunch it up and stuff it around the tree, through the limbs (it should reasonably stick on its own).

Or you could buy the spray-on snow and spray on your tree, but that might be fairly permanent. You did not say if you wanted it to be permanent or not. Icicles and snowflakes(plastic type) also add the "snow" effect. Styrofoam pellets might also be strung together like popcorn strings for added effect.

I've just seen a novice idea with White feather boa and ostrich feathers, and as I have a rather large tree that I absolutely love and don't want to damage it so I chose this option rather than spray effect. Not too expensive but obviously not as cheap as some ideas.

Hi Debbie,
Go to this website for instructions to make snow flocking for Christmas trees. I've seen it done before and it looks beautiful! Merry Christmas!

http://www.ehow  istmas-snow.html

Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations TreeDecember 5, 2011
🌻
🎂
📓