These baby trees are adorable and made to fit anywhere, no matter how much space you have. It's a very easy project, all materials are pre-made. I was able to pick up all of my materials very cheaply at yard sales. You can use your creativity to create theme trees for yourself, to sell at a craft fair, or to give as gifts. Have fun!
Approximate Time 20 - 30 minutes or less
- small evergreen trees - the samples are 8 inches tall
- tiny holiday decor, such as bows, balls, bells, snowflakes, gift boxes, Santa hats, candy canes, etc.
- thick craft glue
- quilt batting or scraps of printed fabric
- Choose the items you wish to put on your tree. Beginning at the top of the tree, add your items one at a time. Use a toothpick to place a dab of glue on each item, then press the item onto a tree branch. Continue in the same manner to decorate the entire tree.
- Cut a 3 - 4 inch circle from quilt batting or other fabric for a tree skirt. From the edge of the circle, make one cut into the circle, stopping at the center. This will enable you to fit the skirt around the trunk of the tree. Fit the skirt to the tree and glue the ends of the skirt together.
- Glue some tiny gift boxes or other small items to the tree skirt.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL