Simple LivingBetter Living

Online Ads Instead of Sunday Paper

I use to buy the Sunday paper to get the sale ads. Even after I have recycled, I still would have a lot of paper left. I spend a lot of time on the internet and the computer.

I started subscribing to the stores I frequent the most to the weekly ads and what's on sale. No more paper and I save myself $2.00 every Sunday. The ads come right into my email. I can now combine my coupons that are on line with the ads. Win, Win.

Extra bonus. I put the 2.00 into jar and use it to help buy ink and paper.

By Georgetta Ruth from Waterloo, IA

After wasting a lot of ink and paper i discovered that probably 90% of the available online printable coupons are the same as in the paper, just different denominations mainly. If you were a lower volume coupon user you could also print any coupons you needed right off the internet to be truly newspaper free.

This is a great idea for those who can make use of it, but I just wanted to say I like my Sunday paper. It's the only day of the week I do buy one. Not for any ads or coupons but for the news items, the pictures, and the Sunday paper here (Melbourne) also contains several interesting supplements. It's a lot of bang for your buck. Afterward of course, I recycle.