Make Decorative Pillows Out of Old Bridesmaids Dresses

An old friend wanted some material so I gave her my old bridesmaid dresses. In return, she made me pillows, one from each dress and each pillow was different. Now when I look at the pillows, I can remember the wedding I was in. One of the brides came over one day and saw the pillows and thought it was sweet that I still had her dress from her wedding made into a pillow. Room in the closet now.

Source: hint that I remember came from the lady who made shirt pillows for her 2 sons.

By Barbara from Shoemakersville, PA

Great idea. I wish I knew someone that could do that for me or better yet I wish i could do it myself. I can't even sew on a button!

Just give it a try! Simply cut out 2 squares of the same size, (aboyt 12 inches) then sew them together along the sides (right sides together) but leave about 4 inches NOT sewn along one side... Then with this "hole" turn them right side out... Next fill with stuffing & sew up that hole (by hand)...

It's as easy as pie... Just start sewing & if you have a problem, take your project to any fabric store. They live to answer your questions! ... Have FUN!

* Great IDEA ... that bridesmaid fabric can be very expensive! ... It's great it got some use! ... I shortened my dress (to just below the knee) & now wear it out on special occasions...

Crafts SewingJanuary 30, 2008
🍂
🎃
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf62640363.tip.html