AdviceWeddings

Slipping Wedding Rings

Having become engaged and married, I'm having a problem with my ring set twisting on my finger. Resizing them is not an option as my finger joints are smaller than my knuckles, and if they were any smaller, I could not slip them over my knuckes. Does anyone have any ideas to keep them together once I'm wearing them? I don't want to glue them together. I've tried taping them, but after three days the tape tore, as I'm a very hands-on person who does a lot of gardening and renovating. Please help! This is driving me crazy!

Cathy

I worked in a jewelry store and we always recommended that women have their wedding sets soldered together. It cuts down on the wear you will get with the rings rubbing against each other, too. We also had a piece that could be put on the rings for people whose knuckles were very much larger than their fingers. Go to a jewelry store that has a jeweler there (usually not a chain store) and ask his opinion.

Jewelers can solder them together or clasp them together with a very small, almost oval, metal band located on the inside of the finger.

Ask to see the band that will be used, because it might be too thick for you based on the ring's original thickness.

PS Don't wear it while working in the garden. You could easily lose it or the stones (which you think are secure) could fall out!

By Mirdreams (Guest Post)

There's also a site on line that'll put a hinge in your ring so you can have them sized for lower down on your finger. No idea how well it works but it's a cool idea.