AdviceWeddings

Make Your Own "Perfect" Wedding

A lot of wedding professionals tell you that you 'have to' do certain things to make your wedding perfect. Instead, I say that it is all about your priorities. Couples can do anything they want these days. I even saw a picture of a couple who got married at Dunkin' Donuts!

I suggest that you sit down long in advance, before deciding anything, to figure out what is most important to both of you. Don't worry about what is 'expected'. Do what you want to do so that the day is memorable. Of course, your budget is going to be the first thing to decide, so that you know just what you have to work with!

By justweddings from NJ

I know of a coule who were cross country truck drivers and they got married in the tractor of their semi.

I so totally agree with you. So many people want to see a wedding and don't care about the marriage, and I think that's backwards! If a couple has what it takes to stay together it doesn't matter how their wedding looked.

As one professional in the wedding business, I agree with you. I have always preached that its your wedding day and you should do what makes you and your new spouse happy, not anyone else.

I am also a firm believer in setting a realistic budget based on what you can really afford and spending your money on the items that your most important to you, not on how much you think you should spend on a wedding.

It's nice to remind bridal couples to remember the real reason they are getting married. Great post.