To Top

Decoupage Surface Coating

Years ago there was a product you applied to the front of a thick item to decoupage, then when dried, you could wet and rub off the back, making the item plastic like and thinner to decoupage. Do you know if anything like this is still available? Thanks.

By Joyce G.


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

May 19, 20110 found this helpful

I remember using the product you are talking about called "Mod Podge" This is the official site of the product. I loved making stickers out of magazine photos.
http://www.plai … e/brand/home.htm

Some profess you can take Elmers Glueall and thin with some water and get the same effect. It does work but the coating and dry time may differ. Don't use school glue though. This would work for smaller projects. I liked how you could coat a magazine photo with the mod podge and then when fully dry, dampen the photo on the back and gradually rub off the paper and be left with a nice picture that set flatly in place. I have not used it in years so do some test runs before doing anything permanent.


Another product is called Royal Coat.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
May 19, 20110 found this helpful

I don't think you're thinking of Mod Podge, or Royal Coat (both of which are great products). It sounds like you're talking about something you make a decal/transfer with. Mod Podge is something you put on and use it to adhere a picture to a surface (decoupage). I remember there being a product like the one you describe; the paper rubs off, leaving only the image. I don't recall a name, but will try a search.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
May 19, 20110 found this helpful

Here are some descriptions of a variety of transfer products, I think you'll find what you're looking for:


http://ths.gard … 30413005732.html (this product seems to be for transferring to fabric)

http://www.vint … sfer_images.html

http://blackber … Tranx%20Maxs.htm

http://www.thea … seventy-two.html

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
May 26, 20110 found this helpful

You may be thinking of a product called "Decal-It" I believe it was made by Plaid (makers of ModgePodge) but have not seen it in awhile. Not sure they still make it any more.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
decoupaged bowl
Decoupage Tips and Tricks
Crafts DecoupageMay 19, 2011
Decoupage Box
Decoupage Craft Ideas
Adding UV Coating to Glasses
Adding UV Coating to Glasses
A pair of scratched eyeglasses on a cleaning cloth.
Scratch Resistant Coating is Peeling Off Lenses
A pair of eyeglasses on an open laptop.
Removing Anti-Reflective Coating from Glasses
Birthday Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by .

Generated 2017/09/18 14:02:03 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!