Nails Are Yellow From Nail Polish?

How do I get rid of yellow nails, from nail polish?

Sharon from Winnipeg

Best Answer

Try lemon juice. It will dry your nail beds to follow with a good moisturizer and rub it into the nails well.

To help prevent yellowing nails, always use a clear coat beneath your bolder colored polishes, it will help, but may not completely eliminate the problem. Removing the polish regularly and letting your nails breathe will help as well.

Good luck,
Tina

Best Answer

Not sure I agree with the comet or ajax method. Kind of harsh chemicals. Yes lemon juice works well and does dry. Soak toes or fingers in lemon juice for about 5-10 mins. and follow with an oil (olive, sesame, jojoba, etc.).

Let nails breathe for a few days or longer. Using a clear base coat is wise before a color rich polish such as blacks, plums, reds, etc. There is a Sally nail polish product that address yellowing as well. Cheers!

By heer tulsi (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Cut a lemon into 2 halves. Squeeze your fingernails in the lemon and let them be there for around 15-20 mins. Rinse and use a hand moisturizer or better some olive oil. This treatment will whiten your nails and the olive oil will help retain moisture.

By Connie A. (Guest Post)

WOW! Have a got what you need. I had the exact problem, and I tried everything that anyone told me but nothing worked. My nails were still yellow. I wanted to be able to see through them but no way was that going to happen until I found it at Sally's beauty supply stores where most beauticians get their supplies.

You put a scoop in hot water it bubbles. It is a 5 min.effervescent nail cleaner. soak your hands/nail. It works the first time.

After you get your nails to the original state, if you put a coat of clear polish on first, and then your color-- you won't have the stain from the color polish.

By OrahLee (Guest Post)

After taking off the polish, either use the buffing boards, or clean your kitchen sink and bath tub with ajax or comet, bleaches out the yellow enough and gets a chore done.
Then use the base coat next time.

By Connie A.. (Guest Post)

Be very careful buffing your nails. Although it does get some of the yellow out it also weakens the nails. I tried that and I had a nail to break not across like usual but from the top to the bottom. The bleach also weakens the nail and makes them very easy to break.

Trust me. I have real nails that are at least 1 inch long on all 10 fingers and they are all natural. Go to Sally's and get "Bubble White" it really will surprise you. And NO I don't work for them or know anyone who does. I just know a good product when I see it.
Connie

By Anonymous (Guest Post)

Steps to do your nails...
(Make sure you have no left over nail polish from last time)
1. Put clear on all your nails.
2. Let dry.
3. If you don't have a pretty thick coat of clear on your nails start over.
4. Put your nail polish on.
5. Let dry.
6. Redo steps 1-3 over nail polish.

By mel (Guest Post)

Soak your nails in hydrogen peroxide and use a base coat next time.

By Melissa (Guest Post)

Best thing in the world.. and I found out by accident.. is using Oxy Clean in powder form in very warm water to scrub out your sink or anything else with.

Yellow is completely gone and tips are white :)

Health & Beauty Beauty Nail TipsJuly 2, 2008
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf70161749.tip.html