Bells For Christmas Tree Defense From Cats

We have always had cats and they have a tendency to want to explore the Christmas tree. We got around that by using an abundance of bells on the lower limbs to serve as an early warning device. When we heard the bells we knew to pay close attention or deflect trouble before it happened.

By Shelly from Spring Hill, KS

Top Comment

We tried the bells several years ago. Unfortunately, all it did was alert me (in the middle of the night) as to whenever the cats were up to their hi-jinx. A lot of angels got their wings that year. :)

Top Comment

I have never had a big problem with cats and trees, but I saw on the television show "My Cat From Hell" that cats will be far less interested in an artificial tree than in a real tree. If your cat is nuts over the tree, perhaps this is something you could try. My cats were not interested in the tree - real or artificial - other than as a cozy place to nap. Perhaps that was because they were outdoor cats.

Hey, this is a good idea! We're fostering a cat over winter until his furever home is ready and were not sure how to keep Cat and Tree safe from each other.

We'll give this a try, thank you for posting it.