Use Glassware for Wedding Table Decorations

Take out the family glassware and use it to make little table arrangements. We found a whole collection of colored glassware and they helped to make our little flowers on the table charming. It doesn't all have to match you know, it can coordinate.

My daughter's getting married this summer, and after looking at buying glass bowls from Oriental Trading at $3.95 a bowl, I'm thinking we need to NOT BUY!!!--she wants floating candles and Gerber daisies in glass bowls at the outdoor reception--I think it would be a beautiful thing to borrow from friends and family's collections of wide glass bowls, with the coordination being the candles/flowers in each one...Ideas? Comments?

Editor's Note: It sounds like a great idea. The only drawbacks I can see is figuring out which ones belong to who and getting them back to the owners.

To keep track of whose bowl is whose, number each with a sharpie pen on the bottom, and keep a master list. #1 grandma J,#2 mine etc.

Why not just go to goodwill and buy the bowls? At the end of the night you can give them away as a gift if you really dont want them anymore. Besides it prob wouldn't break the bank by buying them there. I have a friend who got 10 of them for 2.00 total!!!