AdviceGifts

Family Trip Instead of Toys for Christmas

A couple of years ago my daughter asked her kids what they wanted for Christmas: toys or going to the Wisconsin Dells for Christmas with the family? Would you believe they picked going to the Dells? They said they had enough toys and that they get toys for their birthdays.

Now we have made it a family tradition, we all go together and get rooms at one of the indoor water parks from Dec 23-25th and spend quality time with the whole family. The cost is the rent of the rooms and we bring all our own food. Each family brings enough food for that family and when it comes time to eat we gather in one room and have a buffet. This year the place we are staying has a fully stocked kitchen all you provide is the food.

By Arlene from WI

what is Wisconsin Dells? a theme park? great idea though.

For the poster who asked what is Wisconsis Dells? I found the website on Google.

http://www.reso  isconsin%20dells

This is a great idea....my teenage son and his father always go skiing during the xmas holiday instead of buying expensive gifts. My son's b-day is during thanksgiving and he gets all he wants then. I think it is an experience that he will appreciate later in life. They also go to the Wisconsin Dells and stay in one of the indoor water park hotels there. It is a really neat place but is like any tourist trap, extremely expensive!! I think this year they are going to New Mexico for a change of pace.