BeveragesChristmas

Lighter Egg Nog

We love Eggnog for the Christmas holidays, but it is so expensive and so high in calories that I have found a way to reduce both the cost and the calories. I buy a half gallon jug of Eggnog (Yikes! $4.12), and pour it into a gallon container. Add a package of sugar-free French Vanilla instant pudding mix, and a quart of Low fat 1% milk and stir until the the pudding mix is well blended, then stir in another quart of Low fat milk.

I divide the gallon into smaller containers to store in the fridge. To serve, pour into cups and sprinkle a dusting of ground nutmeg on the top. YUM!

By Harlean from Hot Springs, Arkansas